Data Visualization Inspiration
Pick one exhibit and describe how it uses imagery to make its point?
- This exhibit uses imagery to further represent the use of dice in table top games. They utilize different die to show information related to the text that were being sent by each individual in the graphic. Additionally they utilize a d20 to put emphasis on the middle and subtly continue to use that icosahedron shape to further organize the information that they provided on the graphic. They utilize this to create a chart that is divided into many different sections and display information that happened at a certain time during the month displayed.
How does this inspire you to design your own data visualization?
- This inspires my own design for data visualization by making me think more about ways I can display information on a chart. I could potentially use a shape unique to money and economics or find a shape that is prominent through out that subject and utilize that to make a chart or put my own spin on that idea. I could also just use that shape throughout the data visualization such as making the data that shape rather than making that information fit in a chart that is based on that shape.
Invent a metaphor or symbol to deliver your data. Describe what it is?
- I though of one before and did use it a bit in the data visualization and throughout the spreads. That symbol I used was a coin because it can be used in many different way despite having a very simple shape. The more detail you add to it the more it represents and the same goes for the color. A more dull bronze simple coin is easily noticeable as being worth way less than a coin that has a lot more detail and is gold. The same can be said about just the color because we usually associate gold as being the best and something like bronze being okay but not as good.
How will you improve/revise your initial data visualization rough?
- I will probably change out some of the images I used on some of the people I masked them to, or I add those symbols like coins around the people to represent their economic status. Additionally I could create other graphics used in my data visualization to better represent the graphs rather than just having the literal interpretation of the data that I put on the spreads. For example with the house just having a bar graph coming out of it could be replaced by money flowing in or coins being stacked up.
Comments
Post a Comment