Cooper Hewitt Reflection

Cooper Hewitt Reflection

  • I think the reason for this exhibit was to showcase the development of items in America. It showed the labor and effect that went into developing the items we use or consume. It additionally putting emphasis on the design of the item or the person how helps to develop the product. 

  • I think one of the key images was the peeps on the conveyer belt. This is mainly because it showed the sheer size and production of something that is a staple to Easter here in the US. Additionally another one was the hat. This is because it shows the way products go from initial to final which I find really cool. One last one that I found really interesting was the one that showed the creation of the signs that go on trains. To New Yorkers, trains are a huge part of life and this allows for you to understand how the signs that we see a lot are created. 

  • The structure my team made was made based on comfort and a place to relax. Each of us developed a things that we think would fit in a relaxing place. For example I made a vending machine, and then we also made a sofa and table and placed it on a nice wood floor which we felt fit. 

  • I  think that this trip is valuable for upcoming designers because it exposes you to its use in a lot of ways. You get to see a lot of designs on all the objects and also see how that design is taken to life and used. It gives you a good idea on how designs you make or want to make could be developed and how they could look as you grow up. It also gives you a lot of good inspiration for potential designs you have and let you see a visual representation of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication Design

Refining My Logo

Five Digital Logo Comps Reflection